Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Jewel Update

I am going to try to keep up writing on this blog. I will send stuff that I have been accumulating for a memoir -- random stuff. I will also keep you up to date on Jewel. In that respect I talked with the President Sabins about respite stay for Jewel at Bel Aire Assisted Living in American Fork. They have an Alzheimer's unit. He said they would be happy to have Jewel as long as they had a bed for her. He said they two beds right now. He asked that we give the a few weeks of notice. I talked with a lady before reaching Steve Sabins. She said they define respite as two weeks or less. The charge is $150 a day. You probably all know that Jewel did the 5 K Aspen Senior Center race. She won in her age class. Amy cut and colored her hair. She is beautiful.

8 comments:

Katy said...

Who are you calling a fat old man?

BTW - my study went without a hitch! Karen was there to help me. One more group to collect data from on Monday ..

Katy said...

Good job on arranging the respite. I think it is a good idea. Dad - do you want to go to Denver with me sometime this summer? We can fly out of Provo and go to the Denver temple.

DanK said...

Nice blog post. I enjoyed it.

MediocreMama said...

Go Grandma! Of course she won the race. Thanks for the update. Love you both.

- Holly and Tod

Leslie said...

Tell Mom congrats on winning the race! Thank you Amy for doing her hair.

Karen said...

I'm going to Denver this summer. Can you say CONTAINER STORE?????

DanK said...

why does everyone go to Denver? Denver is stupid.

Katy said...

Karen - they are opening a Container Store in Las Veags. Should we go? Dan - don't be a Denver hater.