Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Sam-The Crime Fighter

At the first AF football game, during the halftime celebration. The whole team came out to do the Haka and the cheerleaders introduced the new mascot "Rocky" the Caveman. During all of this two young men, they looked like they were probably seniors, ran right down the middle of the field, end zone to end zone. They were BUCK NAKED. They started in the South end zone and left the field through a fence beyond the North end zone. I then noticed a teacher way out in a field in a red shirt and shorts chasing the two guys toward the education trailers about 200 yards away. I ran to the end of the bleachers to see what happened and sure enough, the teacher made a perfect tackle on one of the nude dudes. I laughed and went back and sat down. After about 10 minutes I started wondering what was happening over there, I ran down to ground level on the North end of the bleachers and saw that the teacher was laying on top of the naked kid, just holding him there. It looked like they were struggling a little bit. The first adult male I saw I said "Hey, that teacher looks like he could use some help" He was like "Well, I have all these kids, could you go over there or watch these kids. Someone needs to help get these kids taken care of". The guy had a stroller, holding another kid and had about a 3 yr old trailing him. So I told him I would go. I started over there, as soon as the adult was out of range I turned around and headed back to the bleachers. Just then a group of little kids who were playing football on the field between the bleachers and the trailers came running up. They were all yelling "HEY, That teacher said to find an adult to come over there and help him and please hurry". I looked around and sure enough, they were talking to me, damnit. I hesitated, then went back up to the bleachers and sat by Paulette and Courtney. I was sitting there really torn about what to do and Ruby and Court thought it was sooo funny. I kept looking over and no one was going over and helping I couldn't believe it. Finally, I decided to head over there. Once I got whithin 50', the teacher was yelling "GO CALL THE POLICE, GO CALL THE POLICE". I thought, no way am I calling the cops, I don't deal well with cops. While I was heading back to the bleachers all the little kids were like, "Mister, the other streaker is over there in the bleachers, go get him too". I told them to go get him themselves. I went back to my seat. Sat there uncomfortably for awhile, finally after about 15 minutes I called the cops. They had heard nothing about it. They came and the teacher was still laying on the naked teenager. Then they spent the rest of the night trying to catch the other kid. I know they didn't because they called me the next Monday to see if I would come and identify the 2nd streaker who had come to pick up his keys that the one who got caught was holding when he was apprehended. Smart streakers huh? As they were leading the first kid off he made some smart ass comment to me. I told him I never would have gotten involved if I didn't have 3 daughters at the game who were scared to death at what they saw flapping in the wind.

4 comments:

Dan said...

The title of that entry was very misleading. That was some intense "crime fighting." I really enjoyed the side note about the new mascot, though.

Katy said...

I'd be scared too. I can't imagine how embarassing to be that teacher sitting on top of a naked teenager. I would have just let him go for sure.

Karen said...

Flapping in the wind? WOW!

Tolly & Lennon said...

I am still picturing this teacher laying on top of a naked streaker. Seems fishy.