Thursday, June 28, 2007

Cruising Alaska

I really want to thank everybody for a really fun time on the Alaskan Cruise. I thought I had a chance for MVP of the cruise, but my failures in Kareoke might have hurt my chances. I am still voting for myself though.
I thought everybody had an awesome time, except maybe Karen at the end when she looked like Rocky Balboa "Cut me Mick, cut me". I want to thank Mom and Dad the was great and a great idea to get us all together again. It was cool being with all my brothers and sisters again. You are all so dang nice.
Please register your votes for MVP-take into account everything ie: taking charge at airports, taking charge before and after the cruise pertaining to ground transportation, fun on the cruise, eating the most Coconut Ranger cookies, salsa dancing, coolest outfits(headbands, wristbands,vests, mock turtlenecks) you know stuff like that. Sorry but you cannot vote for Van as he is not one of Larry and Jewel's children or a spouse.
Thanks again everyone, especially Mom and Dad. We love you very much.

7 comments:

Ann Dee said...

It's a tough one because Katy and Dan won Kareoke Superstar and that was BIG. Also, Cam won the speed climbing competition but admittedly that wasn't as nerve wracking. Joe might win because he was always up for a good time. Hmmmmmmmm. Sam is definitely in the running--especially if the coconut cookies make a difference. Leslie didn't have a lot of luggage so that was impressive and Sandy slept a lot. Then there's Karen. Hmmmmm again. I think my vote is Dad. I'll elaborate later.

Katy said...

I'm voting for Sam all the way - but only cause I can't vote for Van.

CamE said...

I'll anti-vote for me since I read a book on the cruise about Leon Foucault and his pendulum. That gives me two votes, one for Larry and one for Jewel.

Dan said...

nobody has considered the number of steam baths that were taken. I took like 6 of them and met people in there from Florida and Japan. Also, I believe there were very few of us who actually stayed up and partook of both the chocolate and midnight buffets. Also, if point are given for constipation, I would have earned a lot of them on that boat. I will concede that cam's winning the climbing thing by like 20 seconds was impressive.

Having said all that, I've got to give my vote to Delisco.

Karen said...

My vote goes to Brian and his parents. If it has to be a family member then I nominate myself as I believe I get "hardship" points hands down. Also, I believe my "outfits" were apppropriate, classy, cost effective, and unique. With that said, I still believe Brian beats all.
Thank you, thank you very much!

sam94 said...

nevermind, I forgot about Brian! After watching him stand up in the Grand Dining room and lead the music during the Star Wars score much to the chagrin of his parents,he is the winner hands down. I steamed with two of the three guys from Argentina in Los Pompos (whatever it was called). They even did some of the Flourescent act for me in the steamroom, use your imagination. I will match my constipation up against yours any day, dan. I didn't have a good movement for like the first 5 days.

Karen said...

Oh waa you guys. Welcome to the world of prunes and prune juice. As you are rapidly approaching what we like to refer to as "mid-life" I need to inform you of the new and exciting section of the grocery store you will be frequenting. Embrace it.......