Saturday, June 2, 2007

I cannot get into this blog...

This blog is called that's a word with 'a' bark on it. We all know Jewel says 'that's a word with THE bark on it'. In most cases the a vs. the would be no big deal...but since this is a blog that has to enetered exactly this 'mess up' messed me up and that is a word with THE bark on it.

AnnDee did not grow up in the 'Damn you hide', 'oh hell', 'hells sakes', 'get you cummy (sic) over here', 'I'm gonna tan your hide', 'word with THE bark on it' era. So we can forgive an honest mistake. AnnDee grew up with a kinder gentler Jewel as a mom.

I grew up in the beat by Jewel or beat by Karen (or her boyfriend) era. Donestic violence ended in the Knight home when Kate and AnnDee came along.

5 comments:

Karen said...

Oh please, are you fine now? Are you a productive member of society? Do you have a beautiful family??? Things might have been different had we kept you in "time-out" for all your behavioral infractions. You should THANK us not loathe us!

Katy said...

I remember getting spanked. I also remember being scared to death of Mom - I still am!

Katy said...

I feel really bad about all the "donestic" violence! And you are concerned about "a" vs. "the" ...

Dan said...

I'm pretty sure Joe is the only one in our family who actually thinks it's "a word with THE bark on it." First of all, that makes no sense. She's saying something threatening and in order to add some nastiness to it she adds a "bark." It makes no sense to add "the bark." I'm sure Joe just had way too may slaps upside the head when he was little and lost a lot of hearing.

sam94 said...

sorry Joe, I agree with the younger generation of Knight's on this one.